Thursday, March 12, 2009

“If I sing when I cook, the food will be happy.”

One of my favorite quotes is by Pasquale Carpino
“If I sing when I cook, the food will be happy.”
I would to share why this quote speaks to me, of me.

Cooking is a passion of mine. Nutrition is a passion of mine.
As a youth, I dreamed of being a pastry chef. As an adult, I became a nutritionist.
I take these passions, twin passions if you will, and feed them with food and song.

To find me in the kitchen is to find me combining my passions. I take time to mentally prepare a meal; one that nourishes both body and soul. I take joy in the art of cooking and providing nourishment for my family and I. During this process, I allow the music from my heart to sing out loud. It is a reflection of my passion and my love.

I watch a lot of food on TV and I hear a lot about food of love. To me that love is expressed not only in my meals but also in my song.

Because to sing when I cook, is to prepare and provide food of love.

I encourage you to sing when you cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment